Friday, July 8, 2011

Tears for Fears

MOTHERS GUILT! Well today was the first time (of I'm sure many) that I hurt my little man. I recently decided I wanted to try to instill the love of reading in my child by starting to read to him early. While reading "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" today I accidentally dropped the book on his little face. In a split second he was screaming, not just his normal cry, but all out squealing. It wasn't but a couple seconds later I realized I gave him a bloody lip. And with the recent development of real tears this seemed all the more traumatizing. I then started sobbing as well.

So instead of instilling the love of books, I'm instilling a fear of them. Way to go mom.

The following picture is not from this incident but shows his poor little face nonetheless.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment