Friday, January 13, 2012

A Fresh Start Friday

"Eucharisto- grace, joy, and thanksgiving- always precede the miracle."
- Ann Voskamp

So I haven't blogged for a really long time, but when looking at my goals for this year and what I am really trying to focus on, I think that using this blog as a tool for documentation on my progress or most certain setbacks will prove to be nothing less than helpful. And although, I'm really going to use this blog for my own personal benefit, I welcome others to join the journey and share in my experiences with me...

This year my hearts desire is to find contentment. I have struggled with discontentment for as long as I can remember, and if I am honest with myself I believe that it is not only sinful in itself but the root of most of my sin patterns and life struggles. But along with contentment I hope to find joy.

Although this is not a resolution (I believe that a resolution is something that must be able to be completed and checked off), I do resolve to work on this as well as actively search for it.

While pondering on my search I decided that reading about "joy" and "contentment" might help me gain perspective on what these are truly.
Recently, I picked up the book "One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are" by Ann Voskamp. Although I am not finished with the book yet, I have found so much truth its pages that I feel like I am getting a jump start on my search for contentment. So far, I believe her message is that the key to joy and contentment is having a heart of gratefulness, and giving thanks to the gracious God for the many gifts and blessings that are placed in our laps, hands, homes, and hearts everyday, will bring about fulfillment unlike anything else.

Along with her book, Voskamp has challenged her readers and followers to partake in a dare to count 1000 blessings and gifts in 2012. She has set up tools and lists to help us be consistent in our thankfulness. I have decided to participate in this challenge (which I am guessing many days it will be). I will be listing some of these gifts on my blog periodically simply to document life...

1000gifts...
3 things about yourself you are thankful for
#1- My sense of hopefulness today.
#2- That today I am able to throw my hair in a ponytail and not have to shower.
#3- My body's ability to give birth to a new life.
#4- A gift outside- The first snow (fresh snow, when it is still pure and white)
#5- A gift inside- my warm, snuggly throw blanket on this cold day.
#6- On a plate- (or in a cup)- My morning coffee


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Whites Ct,Orange,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment